A BBQ fan who saved his wife and child from a fire in his building has revealed how he delved back into the flames to rescue a huge chunk of almost charred meat.
Robert Wright, explained how he saved his slab of ribs to KMPH Fox 26 after the fire broke out in an adjacent apartment at his Fresno, California home.
Wright, who was enjoying a BBQ at 3am when the drama unfolded, told the channel: “The only thing I think first is make sure them ribs is right and I ran over and got my family man."
When pushed to answer why he was barbecuing at such an odd time of the morning he responded: “It was three o’clock in the morning, I was hungry man, I was like put them ribs on there."
Wright, saving his wife, child and piece of meat, didn't sustain any injuries from the blaze.
“I didn’t get any injuries except for all the smoke in my lungs, but I already had smoke in my lungs so I’m alright” he said.
Meanwhile in the burning apartment, a mother and her six-year-old child were able to escape from a window.
They were both hospitalized in the early hours of the morning with smoke inhalation.