YouTuber Jaimen Hudson has posted a video that will convince you of all the glorious reasons why 4K is the best thing to ever happen to video.
On September 24 he posted footage of a chance encounter two whales had with a passing paddle boarder in the town of Esperance, Western Australia.
The result is two minutes and 45 seconds of mesmerising footage that quickly transports you to the Southern Ocean coastline.
Dotting the vast expanse of blue, the two large whales can be seen getting scarily close to local resident Dave Price, who appears to have paddled up to the mammals.
- San Diego Fisherman Catches Drone As It Flies Over Pier
- Quadcopter Drones Programmed To Build Rope Bridges Deliver Perfect Construction Without Human Help
- First-Person Drone Races Are Essentially 'Star Wars' Land Speeders But Real
- 'Fast And Furious' Style Underground Drone Racing Takes Off In Australia
- Drone Drops Burger King To Feed San Fransisco's Homeless In Not-So-Random Act Of Kindness
Speaking to ABC about the encounter, Hudson said: "I set up my equipment on the footpath and flew the drone out."
"Dave Price who lives close by, was just making his way over to the whales on his stand-up paddle board and they were really inquisitive and came over to meet him," he added.
Describing how close the marine creatures came to the curious human in the midst, Hudson explained:
"I don't think it was dangerous, the whales moved to where he was and the whole time they were very slow moving and peaceful."