Bahar Mustafa, the student diversity officer who embroiled herself in a race row after tweeting "kill all white men", has had police charges against her dropped.
Mustafa, who works for Goldsmiths University students' union, had been due to appear in court on Thursday charged with sending a communication conveying a threatening message and with sending a grossly offensive message via a public communication network.
But police confirmed the charges had been dropped because "there is not enough evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction," the Guardian reported.
Mustafa, who lives in Enfield, London, was allowed to keep her job, despite referring to people as "white trash", and telling white people and men they were banned from an event at the university.
The 28-year-old previously said she could not be racist or sexist because she is an ethnic minority woman.
Speaking to the university's student assembly, she said: "There have been charges made against me, that I am racist and sexist to white men. I want to explain why this is false. I, an ethnic minority woman, cannot be racist or sexist to white men, because racism and sexism describes structures of privilege based on race and gender.
"And therefore women of colour and non-binary genders cannot be racist or sexist as we do not stand to benefit from such a system."
The Oxford English Dictionary defines racism as: "A belief that one’s own racial or ethnic group is superior, or that other such groups represent a threat to one’s cultural identity, racial integrity, or economic well-being; (also) a belief that the members of different racial or ethnic groups possess specific characteristics, abilities, or qualities, which can be compared and evaluated."
Goldsmiths SU and Mustafa have been contacted for comment.
- Goldsmith's Student Diversity Officer Bahar Mustafa Investigated By Police After She Tweeted 'Kill All White Men'
- Petition To Have University's Diversity Officer, Who Tweeted 'Kill All White Men', Sacked Reaches 12,000
- Goldsmiths SU Diversity Officer Bahar Mustafa Could Lose Job Over '#KillAllWhiteMen' Tweet
- 'I Can't Be Racist Or Sexist Because I'm An Ethnic Minority Woman,' Says Goldsmiths' Diversity Officer
- Goldsmiths SU Forced To Backtrack Over Event Which Banned White and Male Students
- UCL Students' Union Backs Excluding Men And White People From 'Anti-Racism' Events