Alan asked why there had been no romances on ‘Strictly’ this year, with Jay joking that all the stars were “mingers”, before adding: “After 10 years of ‘Strictly’ they’re scraping the barrel for who they can get to do it.
“People are going, ‘Umm, I don’t think anyone fancies that. I’m all right thanks’.”
Jay has been at the centre of rumours about his relationship with dance partner Aliona Vilani, but the duo have insisted that nothing is going on.
Earlier this week, he admitted that speculation about them had made him want to quit showbizness.
He told Heat magazine: “It can become a distraction and it makes me want to disappear after the show.
“But at the same time, I feel like I’m in a lovely bubble. As long as Ali’s happy, I’m happy.”
He added: “We get on really well, but the show is so successful and I just think people make stuff up. We ignore it.”
Jay also insisted he has a close friendship with Aliona’s husband Vincent Kavanagh, telling The Mirror: “Vincent often comes in to watch us train and then all three of us go for a bite to eat.
“He’s a really cool guy. Within an hour of meeting him, I hoped we would become great friends – and we have. We’re all as thick as thieves together.”
Reports previously claimed that Vincent was angered by Jay and Aliona’s friendship, but this was denied by the couple.
‘Strictly Come Dancing’ continues on Saturday at 6.50pm on BBC One.
- 10 Celebrities We'd Forgotten Had Been On 'Strictly'
- The 12 Most Memorable ‘Strictly’ Moments
- How Many 'Strictly' Winners Can You Remember?
- 16 Stars We'd Have Preferred To See On This Year's 'Strictly' Line-Up
- The Most Show-Stopping 'Strictly' Routines Ever
- Revealed! All The Celeb Victims Of The 'Strictly' Curse
- The Sexiest Ever 'Strictly' Stars