- 'Strictly' Shock As Favourite Is Voted Off
- Was Jay And Aliona's Rumba The Most Emotional 'Strictly' Dance Ever?
- 'Strictly' Bosses Rubbish Claims About Len Goodman
During an interview with OK! magazine, Aljaž revealed he actually popped the question twice to his fellow ‘Strictly’ star, as Janette’s ring had to be resized.
Janette Manrara And Aljaž Škorjanec
After waiting 14 weeks to be able to wear her engagement ring, following Aljaž’s proposal at the venue where they first met in 2010, Janette was shocked when he got down on one knee again when the ring arrived back from the jewellers.
“I was in my pyjamas and we were ready to go to bed. Aljaž brought out the box and I just started crying,” she said.
“I picked it up without Janette knowing. So I surprised Janette with an engagement ring twice!”
The pair got engaged in August
The pair also revealed that they have no plans for an extravagant ‘Strictly’-inspired wedding, and guests shouldn’t expect to see them do an impressive routine on the dancefloor.
“I highly doubt that we will do a show-stopping dance as our first dance,” Janette said.
“We try to do that every day at work. so I think our wedding is going to be relaxed,” Aljaž added.
“We aren’t show-offs in any way, so we aren’t planning to do some sort of exhibition dance.”
Read the full interview with Aljaž and Janette in this week’s OK! magazine, on sale now.
- 10 Celebrities We'd Forgotten Had Been On 'Strictly'
- The 12 Most Memorable ‘Strictly’ Moments
- How Many 'Strictly' Winners Can You Remember?
- 16 Stars We'd Have Preferred To See On This Year's 'Strictly' Line-Up
- The Most Show-Stopping 'Strictly' Routines Ever
- Revealed! All The Celeb Victims Of The 'Strictly' Curse
- The Sexiest Ever 'Strictly' Stars