The time has come. You're finally adult enough to buy a real Christmas tree.
But how do you keep it looking fresh? (Especially when you struggled to keep that cactus alive for more than a week.)
To help keep your Christmas tree happy and alive, the folks at Popular Mechanics have released five helpful tips - because nothing quite spoils Christmas like a withered tree.
1. When you go to buy your Christmas tree from a farm, make sure you choose a healthy green tree with few brown needles.
2. When it comes to chopping the tree, trim the trunk (and then trim it again).
3. Once you've got your tree home, make sure you keep it away from heat sources like fireplaces and radiators.
4. To keep it in tip top shape, keep the water level above the base of the trunk.
5. For those who don't want a shabby-looking tree taking up prime space in their living room, make sure you take it down before it's well and truly dried out.