Humour us for a minute here...we want you to imagine an old fashioned class photo. Yup, that's the one, three rows of smiling little faces and knobby knees. Ok, now think about that as the 'picture of your life'!
So if that represents your life today, your 'class photo' so to speak, where do you usually show up? Hanging off the end of the picture (Those are my feet!), in the back row behind all the tall people (Can you see me?), or maybe you didn't even make it into the picture because you were too busy rushing around trying to do everything for everybody else.
So it begs the question: Where do you need to be in the picture of your life? That's easy!
So why are we raising this issue now? As a woman it's always time... time for new things, new beginnings, new endeavours, and new ideas.
Being Front & Centre is not about having the "right" Filofax or the top of the line electronic organiser, no it is about meeting your own needs, taking your wants seriously, and putting your dreams, your precious dreams, Front & Centre in the picture of your life.
Wait, before you go and say it...
No, it's not selfish! Making sure that you are Front & Centre is positively not selfish. It is self-supportive, self-interested, healthy, and balanced. And for you women with daughters of your own, you show them a great role model.
You have heard similar messages before, this isn't a new concept: put yourself first, put yourself on the top of your list, or make yourself your first priority! So you get a new organisation system, relabel your files, or buy a book on time management. But you still end up ignoring or forgetting about YOU. How many times have you written a To-Do on your calendar, something just for you, only to get to the end of the day and realise that you have completely forgotten about you.
So why does it happen? Easy!
Women have so many different roles and so many people depending on them, needing them, wanting them that it makes it next to impossible to stay Front & Centre in your own life. So, instead of always thinking FIRST about what everyone else needs, or feels, or wants, The Burnout Queens want you to consider, question, wonder about, or ponder...
• How do you want to be living your life?
• What would it feel like to wake up in the morning and LOVE YOUR LIFE?
• What would have to change before we would see you sitting Front & Centre in your class photo?
You need one new belief, that you have the absolute right to be Front & Centre in your life, then you can begin to make choices and decisions based on your new reality.
ONE GREAT TIP!
Front & Centre is going to become your new way of being and behaving. So you are going to have to remind yourself:
• If you have a smart phone set a reminder to pop up every so often during the day. All it needs to say is "F & C".
• If you prefer paper and pencil reminder systems, then get a bright coloured pen, or several different colours and write F & C in differing places on your calendar(s).
• And here is one to try, send yourself a voice mail so that it is waiting for you at the end of your day... "Hello Beautiful You! Did you remember to put yourself F & C today?"
Now then, one more time...Smile beautiful lady. There you are right smack in the middle of the front row in the picture of your life...Front & Centre, right where you belong.