A British man who has been missing since the terror attacks in Brussels has been confirmed dead.
The family of David Dixon, 53, who is originally from Hartlepool but was living in the Belgian capital, said they had received "the most terrible and devastating news", according to the Press Association.
A statement issued on behalf of Dixon's family said: "This morning we received the most terrible and devastating news about our beloved David. At this most painful time our family would gratefully appreciate it if we could be left alone to grieve in private. Please respect our wishes."
A statement from the Foreign Office said: "We can confirm David Dixon lost his life in the attacks which took place in Brussels on Tuesday 22 March 2016. Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time and our Embassy staff are continuing to support them.
"We know of seven British nationals who were injured in the attacks – three are still being treated in hospital. Our Embassy staff are working to assist all British nationals affected."
At least 32 people were killed and 270 injured when suicide bombs ripped through the city's airport and a Metro station on Tuesday morning.
Six people have been arrested in connection with the attacks, Belgian prosecutors have said.
Belgian prosecutors said the arrests were made during raids in central Brussels, Jette and the Schaerbeek neighbourhood – where police found a large stash of explosives and other bomb-making material earlier this week in a flat believed used by the suicide bombers.
Schaerbeek residents said they heard blasts during the police raids, but it is unclear of these were explosions or controlled detonations.
The arrests came as officers in France swooped on a man suspected of being in the "advanced stages" of a plot to attack the country, in a raid on the outskirts of Paris.