There’s no two ways about it, 2016 was a tough year for Celine Dion.
Between the loss of her beloved husband, René Angélil, and then her brother just two days later, the singer repeatedly spoke out about the grief she was experiencing, and became a symbol of strength to fans all over the world when she bravely returned to work within weeks.
That’s why this year, we’ve been so thrilled to see Celine enjoying herself to the max.
Whether it’s cosying up to celebs at A-list events, throwing her all into live performances or just not giving a damn what anyone thinks of her fashion choices (which, admittedly, aren’t to everyone’s tastes), here are just a handful of Celine’s best 2017 moments so far...
- 1Giving us Poison Ivy realness on the red carpet at the GrammysSteve Granitz via Getty Images
- 2...where she mingled with A-listers like Lady Gaga...Alberto E. Rodriguez via Getty Images
- 3...and even got to present Adele with one of her many awardsFrank Micelotta/REX/Shutterstock
- 4Serving at the LA premiere of 'Beauty And The Beast'VALERIE MACON via Getty Images
- 5...and mingling with the castMichael Buckner/Variety/REX/Shutterstock
- 6Doing what she does best at a Grammys tribute to the Bee Gees (and what Celine performance would be complete without a wind machine?)ddp USA/REX/Shutterstock
- 7Giving us all a need for tweed in NYCGilbert Carrasquillo via Getty Images
- 8Crowning Carly Steel on the Met Gala red carpetStephen Lovekin/REX/Shutterstock
- 9...and teaching Angelina Jolie a thing or two about leg-bombingJames Gourley/BEI/REX/Shutterstock
- 10Throwing on something casual and understated at the Billboard Music AwardsRob Latour/REX/Shutterstock
- 11...where even Drake had to bow down in reverenceKevin Mazur/BBMA2017 via Getty Images
- 12Turning a night at the ballet into a flawless photo-opDominique Maitre/WWD/REX/Shutterstock
- 13Really getting into it on her UK tourJoel Goodman/LNP/REX/Shutterstock
- 14...and we *mean* really getting into itRedferns
- 15And now we enter the 'Celine Dion gives no fucks what you think of her oufits' phase. Starting with these floral flaresMarc Piasecki via Getty Images
- 16If you're going to mix snakeskin and leather, you really have to commit. Fortunately, that's not something Celine has an issue withP LE FLOCH/SIPA/REX/Shutterstock
- 17Giving us full goth in ParisMorane/REX/Shutterstock
- 18Seriously, is there any pattern she can't pull off?NurPhoto via Getty Images
- 19Striking a pose for photographers at Paris fashion weekLaurentVu/SIPA/REX/Shutterstock
- 20And switching up her outfit to mix with the fashion eliteLodovico Colli di Felizzano/WWD/REX/Shutterstock
- 21A photo of a woman really enjoying fashion weekP LE FLOCH/SIPA/REX/Shutterstock
- 22Now *this* is how you rock a bow (take note, Sarah Jessica Parker)Mireya Acierto via Getty Images
- 23Casually sitting on top of her car so she can let fans get a proper lookPhilippe Blet/REX/Shutterstock
- 24But then again, if this were the buzz we were creating whenever we left the house, we'd be putting the sunroof to good use tooMarc Piasecki via Getty Images
- 25Keeping it casj as she literally leans on her car roofMorane/REX/Shutterstock
- 26Some divas throw shade... and others just demand it from othersP LE FLOCH/SIPA/REX/Shutterstock
- 27And this, people, is what you call a *look*NurPhoto via Getty Images