While Chris Evans is busy getting in a tizz over Top Gear’s dwindling ratings, his co-presenter Matt LeBlanc has happily laughed things off, starring in ‘Bottom Gear'. Which is a James Corden skit, obviously.
It’s fair to say that the ‘Top Gear’ reboot hasn’t been a total hit with viewers, but that’s not about to stop the former 'Friends' star from having a good laugh during an appearance on ‘The Late, Late Show With James Corden’.
The segment saw the duo racing around the studio on small motorbikes, while wearing headcams.
Sadly for the host, he was defeated by the actor-turned-motoring presenter, who sailed past the audience in first place.
‘Top Gear’ will return to screens again this weekend, but so far, viewing figures have been getting progressively worse.
Last week, they hit a low of 2.4million, which the lowest ratings - not just for the current series of ‘Top Gear’ - but also for the show overall in more than a decade. Ouch.
Well… at least it doesn’t work out, James and Matt can pilot this idea properly.
Watch ‘Bottom Gear’ above.
- 25 March 2015Barcroft Media via Getty Images
- 24 April 2015Matt Jelonek via Getty Images
- 16 June 2015Alex Huckle via Getty Images
- 30 July 2015Matt Jelonek via Getty Images
- 28 November 2015Frederick M. Brown via Getty Images
- 22 December 2015Barcroft via Getty Images
- 23 December 2015Hirz via Getty Images
- 4 February 2016Neil Mockford/Alex Huckle via Getty Images
- 11 February 2016BBC
- 26 February 2016Neil Mockford/Alex Huckle via Getty Images
- 19 January 2016UniversalImagesGroup via Getty Images
- 10 February 2016NBC via Getty Images
- 13 March 2016PA
- 14 March 2016Neil Mockford/Alex Huckle via Getty Images
- 31 March 2016BBC
- 12 April 2016BBC
- 13 April 2016Neil Mockford/Alex Huckle via Getty Images
- Apart from that...BBC