ENTERTAINMENT
25/10/2018 12:03 BST | Updated 26/10/2018 10:31 BST

Joe Sugg Addresses 'Strictly Come Dancing' 'Curse' Rumours, Following Dianne Buswell's Break-Up

The pro dancer confirmed her split from soap star Anthony Quinlan last week.

‘Strictly Come Dancing’ contestant Joe Sugg has hit back at the suggestion he and professional partner Dianne Buswell are the latest victims of the show’s co-called “curse”, following her split from Anthony Quinlan.

Joe and Dianne are one of the 11 remaining couples competing on this year’s ‘Strictly’, with the pro dancer confirming last week that she and her soap star boyfriend had gone their separate ways after just under a year together.

While this was put down to the pair’s busy schedules, tabloids have since been speculating that Dianne was growing close to the YouTuber, which contributed to the end of her relationship.

BBC
Dianne Buswell and Joe Sugg

However, speaking to Digital Spy, his representative has said these rumours are “absolutely not true”, insisting his relationship with Dianne is strictly professional.

Opening up about their split in a recent interview, Anthony told The Sun: “The long-distance thing was quite taxing for us both.

“But we are still good friends, you know. And like I said, these things happen day to day. The fact of the matter is, relationships don’t always work.”

Instagram/Dianne Buswell
Anthony and Dianne, prior to their split

Dianne joined ‘Strictly’ in 2017, but had a short-lived time in the competition for her first year, after she was partnered with Reverend Richard Coles.

So far, she and Joe have sailed through their time on this year’s ‘Strictly’, successfully dodging the bottom two every week.

This weekend, they will be dancing the Foxtrot to 5 Seconds Of Summer’s hit ‘Young Blood’, in honour of the show’s annual Halloween festivities.

See how they get on in Saturday night’s ‘Strictly Come Dancing’, kicking off at 6.50pm on BBC One.

Photo gallery 'Strictly' Curse Victims See Gallery