Production on both BBC dramas has been halted as a precautionary measure, as the nation deals with the rising number of cases of Covid-19.
Line Of Duty had been filming its sixth series in Belfast, which was due to air on BBC One later this year.
However, in a statement posted on Twitter, bosses said: “In light of the spread of Covid-19, after much consideration, @worldprods are suspending filming of #LineofDuty S6 with the support of the BBC.
“We will keep you updated with further developments in due course. Thank you.”
Meanwhile, filming on the sixth series of Peaky Blinders has also been delayed, with producers stating: “After much consideration and in light of the developing situation concerning Covid-19, the start of production of Peaky Blinders series 6 has been postponed.
“Huge thanks to our incredible cast and crew, and to all our amazing fans for their continued support.”
Live TV shows have also been affected, with Loose Women going ahead without a studio audience on Monday, for the first time since the outbreak.
Host Andrea McLean told viewers: “Before we carry on, you might have noticed things not only look but they sound very different today.
“That is because our live studio audience are not here. I don’t know if you can see but we are on our own.
“It is, of course, a precautionary measure in light of coronavirus, but rest assured we are still here and we are going to be bringing you some light relief this lunchtime.”
As previously reported, Jeremy Vine’s Channel 5 discussion show also filmed without studio audience on Monday.
A number of US chat shows have been suspended completely to protect studio staff.
Meanwhile, the BBC has said it is keeping the situation with its audience-based programmes “under review”.
A statement from the corporation said: “While the current government advice doesn’t necessarily prevent such programmes taking place, this is a rapidly evolving situation and we take seriously our duty of care to audiences, panellists and our staff.”
Elsewhere in the entertainment industry, Radio 1 has called off their Big Weekend festival, which had due to take place in Dundee in May, while the releases of films including Mulan, No Time To Die, Fast & Furious 9 and A Quiet Place II have also been pushed back.
Ant and Dec were also forced to cancel plans to hold the live final of the current series of Saturday Night Takeaway in Walt Disney World in Florida after the theme park closed its doors and President Donald Trump imposed a travel ban on those arriving in the US from Europe.