Leading the charge was a brand-new Spider-Man game that looks like it could join the elite group of comic book video games that are actually really good.
As well as brand-new IP, PlayStation also unveiled the first piece of DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn titled The Frozen Wilds.
While there’s not much to go on in the trailer, know that it’s as pretty as the original game and if it’s even half as good you’re going to be happy.
Next up was a brand-new trailer for God of War, the latest sequel in PlayStation’s blockbuster franchise.
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy also got a major new trailer that showcased Naughty Dog’s continual skill for making game worlds that look about as real as they come.
A new trailer for the highly-anticipated Destiny 2 also gave players a surprise by finally revealing the face of the game’s villain Ghaul while a new trailer for Call of Duty: WWII showed off the game’s visceral combat.
What Sony’s E3 press briefing lacked in hardware (Xbox One X we’re looking at you) it more than made up for with the sheer number of titles announced. In addition to a dizzying array of PlayStation 4 titles the company also showed off a number of PlayStation VR titles including a Elder Scrolls: Skyrim VR.
While the show was certainly bombastic it was missing two notable games that were expected to make an appearance: The Last of Us Part 2 and Rockstar’s Red Dead Redemption 2.
E3 2017: The Best Game Trailers
- Call of Duty: WW2 Multiplayer Trailer
- Far Cry 5: E3 2017 Official Gameplay Trailer
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
- Skull And Bones E3 Cinematic Trailer
- Destiny 2 Trailer
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
- Crackdown 3 Trailer
- Forza Motorsport 7
- Metro Exodus Gameplay Trailer
- Assassin's Creed Origins World Premiere
- Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Gameplay Trailer
- Destiny 2 Gameplay Trailer
- Battlefield 1: In The Name Of The Tsar Teaser Trailer
- FIFA 18 Gameplay Trailer