Six boys aged between 14 and 17 have been arrested after a man died following an alleged assault in Neath, South Wales Police said.
The 58-year-old man died from his injuries after the incident on Main Road in Neath Abbey at 12.55am on September 1.
South Wales Police said six teenagers had been arrested and remain in custody.
Detective Chief Inspector Darren George said: “As a result of an incident during the early hours of Sunday, a 58-year-old male has sadly passed away.”
Det Ch Insp George continued: “The victim’s family are being supported by specially-trained officers.
“I am keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident or who was driving down Main Road, Skewen, between midnight and 1.30am who may have dash cam footage.
“This investigation is very much ongoing and I would like to remind the public of the importance of not speculating on the circumstances or naming of people they believe may be involved.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact South Wales Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0800 555 111 quoting occurrence 1900322546.