'Strictly Come Dancing': James Jordan Names His Pick To Replace Len Goodman (And Lays Into Current Judges)

Craig and Bruno might want to cover their ears for this one.

Former ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ pro James Jordan has named his top pick to replace Len Goodman on the judging panel… in his typically candid fashion.

James has named Anton Du Beke as his choice for the judging role, and managed to get in a dig at remaining judges Bruno Tonioli and Craig Revel Horwood in the process.

<strong> James and Ola Jordan</strong>
James and Ola Jordan
Jeff Spicer via Getty Images

Laying into the currently line-up, James said: “I wouldn’t miss [Bruno and Craig]. I think they’re replaceable now, because they just kind of say the same thing year in, year out… ‘it’s a disaster’, ‘it’s dull’, Bruno will fall off his chair, lift his leg in the air, stand on his chair and dance. We’ve seen it all before.

“So that’s why I think bringing someone like Anton in will freshen it up and mix it up a bit. I definitely think, as much as I will miss Len, I don’t think it’s a bad thing.”

<strong>Anton Du Beke and James Jordan at an event last month</strong>
Anton Du Beke and James Jordan at an event last month
David M. Benett via Getty Images

However, he did have some kind words for Darcey Bussell, who he said was “really lovely” and a “brilliant addition to the ‘Strictly’ family”.

Anton Du Beke appeared to be the most likely candidate to replace Len as Head Judge until recently, when reports suggested that he wasn’t as firm a favourite for the job as we may have first thought.

<strong>Darcey Bussell and Len Goodman</strong>
Darcey Bussell and Len Goodman
Doug Peters/Doug Peters

On Tuesday (23 August), James and Ola were announced as the faces of a new campaign for Ann Summers, which saw them stripping to their underwear for a steamy ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’-esque photo-shoot.

Tap the image below to launch the slideshow below...

Former MP Ed Balls

'Strictly Come Dancing' Contestants 2016