My work is in making women in business feel like VIPs - to act and be seen as leaders, to stand out and to inspire others in their industry. The starting block for every woman is feeling important; knowing that who they are is truly important. There are some simple foundation steps that we can all take; that in fact, I have taken to really set the scene for fully flourishing. I believe that we attract what we think we deserve, at different levels in our thinking. It makes sense then that we encourage ourselves to feel worthy, in order to attract the best in to our lives - at the very least, we'll feel good and isn't that what we're aiming for?
These are basic tried and tested methods to get in to that feeling great zone; continual actions that have worked for me:
- Know what you want. Write a huge list of everything you want to do. Move through the list. Tick off what you can and make plans to move closer to the big things you want.
- Date yourself - anyone else's ardent advances are simply a bonus. Give yourself flowers; take yourself to your favourite places; I love letters through the post that I've written! What would you say to someone you really, really liked? Say those things to yourself.
- Sleep well. Choose a darkened, uncluttered room - free of technology. Good sleep is key to feeling amazing.
- Meditation - it stretches time. It makes me feel clear and focused.
- Eat well. I feel the difference between eating dense, carb-heavy foods and sugar and eating plant based and natural foods. I always feel more alive, more vital with the latter. Valuing our health is crucial to feeling good.
- Drop the drama. Cut people, situations and influences out of your life that make you feel anxious. It frees up so much headspace.
- Honour your time. Have boundaries in life and business. Your beautiful life is valuable - don't be too quick to give it away on things that make you unhappy.
- Upgrade your environment. Your personal space speaks volumes about your state of mind. What is yours saying? How can you show it more love?
- Once a day, write down what makes you so valuable. Collect compliments - know what a difference you make in the world. Keep reminding yourself.
- Laugh! Spend time with people who keep your spirits high and inspire and celebrate your successes.
I'd love for you to pick up one of these habits - the one that calls to you the most. Take committed and inspired action to feel great.
For more tips, join me on Facebook or at my website www.lyndseywhiteside.com