Want new life in your hair but don't know how to start? Help is at hand with the following tips:
1. Get the right cut-it's the cut that counts! Get one to suit your hair type, face shape and lifestyle. Straight hair, fine hair, curly hair, all needs a different kind of cut. It can be hard enough fighting against wet weather or high humidity without having hair too long, too layered or too short. Likewise, there's no point in getting a high maintenance style if you allow yourself only 10 minutes each morning to groom it. Combine a suitable style with regular trims and you'll be amazed at how much easier your hair is to manage.
2. Find the right shampoo and conditioner. Some shampoos are so harsh they actually strip the hair of moisture and condition. When washing your hair, remember to rinse away all traces of shampoo and conditioner-you'll know when your hair is free of products-it squeaks when you wring it!
3. Banish build-up! Product Residue is one of the major causes of bad hair days by weighing the hair down. A good quality detoxifying shampoo is the best place to start.
4. Don't take the heat! To minimize damage to your tresses only dry your hair until 90% of the moisture is removed, then lift and brush to finish. Most people falsely believe they must use a hair dryer until the air is bone dry. This is a colossal mistake. Dried up hair is easily damaged and prone to fall out.
5. Make your own natural conditioner. Mayonnaise, whole eggs and natural live yoghurt provide an unbelievable shine. For very dry hair add a touch of olive oil or better still coconut oil!
6. Take evening primrose oil supplements, or flaxseed oil every day. They are rich in omega fatty acids like gamma-linolenic acid, great for moisturizing all protein based structures like hair and nails!
7. Avoid bed-head! To avoid static electric stick up hair sleep on a satin pillow case. It cuts down friction and aids better sleep too!
8. Look good but be protected on the beach! For softer, more natural looking highlights squeeze some real lemon juice on your hair before heading into the sun. Citrus juice adds subtle streaks to your hair without adding damage.
9. Mash up a ripe avocado with an egg and apply to wet hair for a mega conditioning pack! They are rich in vitamins, essential fatty acids and minerals that help restore luster to your hair. Leave on for 20 min then rinse thoroughly. Use once a week for healthy hair all year round!
10. Get dressed and put your makeup on before styling your hair. This way, your hair will be more naturally dry. Hair is most susceptible to damage when wet. A pretty famous former actress girlfriend of mine also used to spray a little of her favourite fragrance into her hair brush before brushing into place. Her hair looked great and smelled wonderful!
Image Courtesy Of Shape and Style Magazine.