It is that time of year, when for many the restrictive diets start to become a struggle. If you are one of those desperately looking for ways to drop a size or two then follow my guidance on how to use self hypnosis.
Self hypnosis is an excellent tool to help you control your portions and eat better.
But as well as this you will find it drives your motivation and creates a focused concentration on your end goal, helping you lose weight and keep it off for good. Please note that if you suffer from clinical depression or epilepsy do make sure you check with your GP before using self hypnosis just to make sure it is safe to do so.
Hypnotise Your Mind Slim
There used to be a time when hypnosis was perceived as getting people to eat lemons and to start barking like a dog. Thankfully we have moved on, and in 1955 the British Medical Association endorsed Clinical Hypnotherapy as a complementary tool to help treat a wide range of conditions.
As a hypnotherapist myself specialising in weight loss, I have been fortunate over the years to witness hundreds of people lose weight and change their lives for the better. Using a combination of hypnotherapy and motivational coaching I always teach my clients how to use self hypnosis between their sessions with me. You can try this for yourself by following the seven steps below.
1. Find a place that is safe and warm; somewhere you will not be disturbed. Be sure to eliminate interruptions so turn off your phone and make sure the cat is out of the room so she doesn't jump on your lap! If it is a cold day then make sure the heating is on because body temperature can drop when experiencing a state of hypnosis.
2. As you sit in the seat allow your eyelids to close. If you have thoughts racing through your mind avoid fighting them. Simply allow them to come and go.
3. Imagine your muscles becoming relaxed. Start at the top of your head taking your time as you do so, so that each muscle has time to relax. You can for example think of them becoming limp and slack or perhaps imagine each muscle melting into a soothed state of calm.
4. Mentally count down from 10 to one. Imagine yourself becoming more and more relaxed with each descending number. Between each of the numbers you may want to mentally suggest that you are drifting into an ever deepened state of hypnotic relaxation that is safe and comfortable.
5. Once you have reached number one take your mind into a future place, and imagine yourself slim. Notice what you wear, how you walk, but also focus on what you have done to become slim. This may include eating better foods, eating smaller portions, and being consistently motivated. Allow yourself to enjoy this experience for around 10 minutes.
6. Awaken yourself up by counting from one to 10. Mentally tell yourself that you will open your eyes at the count of 8 and will be fully alert with all normal sensations restored when you reach 10.
7. Finally when you have finished this process stand up and stretch. Then move forward smiling affirming to yourself that you are a successful slimmer.
If you are looking to find out more about how hypnosis and hypnotherapy can help you lose weight then follow me on Twitter as I regularly post advice.