A dossier implicating three MPs and a three members of the House of Lords in a Westminster paedophile ring has been handed to Scotland Yard.
The Sunday Times reports a list of 22 high-profile figures has been compiled by Labour MP John Mann including 13 former ministers.
A well as claims of sexual abuse dating back to to the 1970s, police are also looking seriously at claims three boys were murdered in a luxury London apartment in Dolphin Square.
One of those killed is alleged to have been strangled by a Tory MP during a sex game, a claim described by Scotland Yard as "credible and true".
Mann has said previously: "All those 22 names are worthy of investigation by the police. The evidence against half of them is very compelling.
"Some of them could definitely be prosecuted and I believe several of them were definitely child abusers.
"I have been given many other names although at present I do not believe the evidence is sufficiently strong to pass them on the police."
- Robbers' Car 'Struck By Lightning' After Ransacking Church In Russia
- Ukip Councillor Fired For Comments Too Extreme Even For Them
- Congrats! Elton And David Make It Official
The dossier includes the names of 14 Tory politicians, five Labour MPs and three from other parties.
The alleged paedophile ring is said to have been run by a "powerful elite" including MPs and ministers with an even larger number of people knew about it and could have stopped it but did nothing.
Last month Vishambar Mehrotra, a retired magistrate, claimed his son who was murdered 33 years ago was one of the victims.
The skull and several rib bones of Vishal, 8, were discovered in 1982 by pigeon shooters in remote marshland at Durford Abbey Farm, at Rogate, close to the Hampshire-West Sussex border.
Vishal, from Putney, south-west London, vanished while shopping with his nanny and sister on July 29 1981 - the same day Lady Diana Spencer and the Prince of Wales were married.
In June 1982, four months after Vishal's remains were found, police raided the Elm Guest House and it was widely reported at the time that the raids were linked to the boy's disappearance.
An alleged victim of the Westminster "paedophile ring" told officers he saw a Conservative MP strangle another young boy to death at an orgy in the 1980s.
“I watched while that happened. I am not sure how I got out of that. Whether I will ever know why I survived, I am not sure," the man, identified only as 'Nick' said.
He described how he and the victim had been driven to the party together. “I knew we were being taken somewhere to be sexually abused by powerful men. But I had no idea of the true horror of what was about to happen.
“The MP was particularly nasty, even among the group of people who sexually abused me and others. I still find it difficult to talk about these incidents after all these years.”
A former detective chief inspector, Jackie Malton , said: "There is clear evidence that something was happening at that guest house. If nothing has been done about it in retrospect, then Mr Mehrotra [the father of one of the boys alleged to have been killed] is right.
"Either the police disbelieved it, or they covered it up one way or another."
"I do remember that the officers were highly passionate about the Mehrotra case, but for some reason we never managed to get anywhere."
"There was also a strong sense of the power of Parliament and of politicians. It was very much a case of 'Do as you are told."
Former child protection manager Peter McKelvie, said the victims, who were "almost exclusively boys", were abused over "many, many years" and were moved around like "a lump of meat".
He added: "I would say we are looking at upwards of 20 (people) and a much larger number of people who have known about it and done nothing about it, who were in a position to do something about it."
"I believe that there is strong evidence, and an awful lot of information that can be converted into evidence if it is investigated properly, that there's been an extremely powerful elite among the highest levels of the political classes for as long as I have been alive - I'm 65 now.
"There's been sufficient reason to investigate it over and over again, certainly for the last 30 years, and there has always been the block and the cover-up and the collusion to prevent that happening.
"For the first time I have got a belief that survivors will come forward and justice will be served for a lot of survivors, but unfortunately it has been left so late that a lot of the abusers are now dead."
McKelvie added: "We are looking at the Lords, we are looking at the Commons, we are looking at the judiciary, we are looking at all institutions where there will be a small percentage of paedophiles and a slightly larger percentage of people who have known about it but have felt that in terms of their own self-interest and self-preservation and for political party reasons it's been safer for them to cover it up rather than deal with it."