A Saudi Arabian cleric has made a groundbreaking discovery that could redefine science in the 21st century –- the Earth does not rotate. What’s more, the sun is orbiting the static body, not the other way around.
The breakthrough was made by Sheikh Bandar al-Khaibari, who delivered his thesis during a recent lecture in the United Arab Emirates, having been asked by a student about the movement of the planet.
Reported by al Arabiya, the Sheikh replied that Earth is “stationary and does not move,” explaining his research by noting that airplanes would not be able to reach their destination were the Earth spinning on its axis.
The newspaper said the Sheikh went on to dismiss the traditional Copernican astronomical model, insisting that any science countering his “stationary” theory, namely NASA’s lunar missions, was fabricated by Hollywood.
Neither NASA nor the European Space Agency has yet to comment on the preacher's remarkable discovery.
10 imponderable scientific questions the Saudi clergy should investigate:
- Can people walk on clouds?
- Where do babies come from?
- Can a person jump over the moon using a bouncy castle?
- Does the ocean have a plug at the bottom?
- Why is snow cold?
- Why is lightning followed by a scary noise?
- Can dogs speak Italian?
- Why are mountains so big?
- Do airplanes use magic to fly?
- Do catfish have eyebrows?
MORE FROM SAUDI:
Related on HuffPost: