I am a psychologist, devoted mother of four, founder and director of the International Naturally Nurturing Children's Sleep Clinic and The leading International sleep expert. I am also a prolific writer, teacher and trainer on children's sleep issues.
Reading your child's behaviour can be easy, and understanding that behaviour may be easy. The next step is doing something about that behaviour. Now that's what I call parenting, and I am here to help you achieve this.
My sleep clinic, Naturally Nurturing, combines cognitive behavioural approaches (which examine how children think, behave and feel) with systemic practice (which deflects blame by examining the role of each family member) and attachment theory (which focuses on building trust, reassurance and bonding between parent and child).
I believe in a child's right to receive comfort, a parent's right to demonstrate love, and everyone's right to a night of uninterrupted sleep. I do not expect children to cry themselves to sleep. It's gentle on you, it's gentle on infants, toddlers and children, and most important of all, it works.
Inspired by the challenges I was facing with my own children, way back in 1993 I applied my Childhood Development qualifications and Masters in Psychology towards the study and development of sleep techniques. To my delight these techniques proved to be so successful that today my expertise in handling children's sleep and behavioural problems is highly sought after by well known media personalities and clients across Europe, and beyond.
I went on to combine my knowledge, skills and expertise and transformed them into an accredited training course.
My clinic is now classed as a centre of excellence for parental empowerment and professional education. It is also the first of its kind, training child care professional across the UK and worldwide in sleep consultancy. Undoubtedly this has now made it the clinic of choice for many parents and professionals, primarily because of its success but also because of it’s kind and gentle method.
My media and industry experience and accreditations:
• I am the Director for the Association of Sleep Consultants. I contribute regularly to media organisations and am well respected within the childcare and training arena. I am also a member of the British Sleep Society, The Primary Care Sleep Group, Health professional Council and The British Psychological Society.
• TV psychologist for Channel 4, I am a qualified and accredited practitioner psychologist and CBT therapist. Working both privately and for the NHS, I have brought together my knowledge, skills and expertise and transformed them into an accredited training course; making my clinic a centre of excellence for parental empowerment and professional education.
• I have made numerous TV and radio appearances namely, Day Break, GMTV, BBC 1, Five, Sky news, BBC Radio 2 and 4, LBC. I have appeared in national newspapers, (The Guardian, The Independent, The Daily Mail, The Daily Mirror) and have written articles both for national and international parenting magazines - Junior, Practical Parenting, and Prima, to name just a few. I am also a contributor on children’s sleep issues for Mother & Baby Magazine and Your Family Magazine and have been a sleep advisor to Best Bear Childcare.
• I am a regular Sleep Guru for BBC Asian Network Radio Station and I have completed just 2 projects for Channel 4. This documentary showcases my method and highlights the effectiveness of my gentle sleep system, the 100% Gentle Sleep System, and the difference between that and “controlled crying".
I am a resident Sleep Expert for Greatvine advice website
• I work as a sleep expert advisor to major manufacturing and production companies who supply sleep products and aids, namely the Natural Mat Company and The Little Green Sheep.
• I have worked with Sainsbury’s, Hallmark, Silent Night Beds on their campaign for sleep and healthy lifestyles