Any Government interested in the long-term resilience and success of its national economy should recognise this and incorporate ambitious environmental policies as part of its economic plan.
It may be a rebalance of the economic powers, but the planet is far from being the place of equality. Oxfam claims that "in 2010, it took 388 billionaires to equal the wealth of the bottom half of the world's population and by 2014, the figure had fallen to just 80 billionaires." If the trend continues, warns the humanitarian group, in two years the richest 1% will have more than the remaining 99%.
It seems that politicians are wedded to imposing conditions in return for benefits and that sanctions will remain part of that regime. However, employment support providers know that you achieve most with jobseekers when the relationship is positive, providers are trusted and jobseekers want to work.
I am not opposed to turning on the money printing presses. But I am if the result is a boom to be followed by a bust with a few benefitting enormously at cost to many in the meantime. This is the time for QE, but Green QE is what we need and is not what we're getting.
If QE is a massive block of money (no-one's quite saying it's immovable) tending to pump up prices and spending, the precipitous fall in the oil price has resulted is a near-irresistible force working against it.
Reductions in the claimant count will always be welcome, but what is needed from all parties between now and 7 May are policies which support all young people out of unemployment and into sustainable work.
Ordinarily, an impending election would whip politicians into a mad frenzy of desperately trying to rectify such a disaster; then things might actually change. Another good reason for young people to vote.
This growing crisis in care for all ages is having a huge impact on working families, many of whom are facing the cost squeeze from all directions. It will be some time before most families feel their household coffers seem more than half empty.
I don't want a fancy life, just enough of one so I do not go stark raving mad with boredom and loneliness... If more of the public were aware of what being on Job Seeker's is like long-term, they might be less negative towards us.
Despite the fact that the sharing economy is such a basic endeavor that has existed for centuries, many economists, corporate thought leaders, members of the workforce, and consumers themselves, have expressed hesitations regarding this model.
Tax avoidance can also be illegal. Hence you can be found guilty of tax avoidance if it is ruled that the methods you used were actually illegal, even though the intention of the tax(non)payer was not to break the law. ..
Soula believes each girl in the sex industry has a dream. It's what they focus on when the four red walls close in on them forcing them to question who they really are and why they're there. Without a dream, the hours, she told me, pass like hell.
The Chancellor is right to argue that debt will have to be reduced. There is no definitive answer to the question of the optimal level of debt, but debt in the UK has doubled since the onset of the financial crisis and, as a result, it would be harder to respond to a future severe downturn in economic activity through an easing of fiscal policy. Debt needs to be reduced to create room for it to be increased again if needed.
The prologue to this election has been a narrative of disaffection and apathy among the public over a lack of real choices, real differences between the main players. But I don't see that - I see big differences, and very clear choices.
Many of us have noticed the impact of rising household bills like energy. New private spending on infrastructure will push bills up further, and not enough is being done to make sure it's affordable or this money is being invested as cost-effectively as possible.
Delivering stronger economic growth and sustained rises in living standards for all working people is the economic policy challenge for our generation. A new progressive policy agenda is needed to achieve this. And it won't come by either turning our backs on the world economy, or hoping that traditional right-of-centre economics - laissez-faire, trickle-down, deregulation - is going to turn the tide of stagnating wages and rising inequality. That's the conclusion of the Commission on Inclusive Prosperity, which I have co-chaired with former US Treasury Secretary Larry Summers and reports today.