The Duchess of Cambridge has not hit back at novelist Hilary Mantel.
The Booker Prize winner had described Kate Middleton as a "shop window mannequin" with a "plastic smile", no personality and no purpose other than to produce an heir to the throne.
The pregnant and beautiful Duchess has swiftly responded by refusing to comment, because she's not allowed to.
The Duchess Of Cambridge: Doesn't say much
A Buckingham Palace spokesman has described the attack on The Artist Formerly Known As Kate Middleton as "absolutely ridiculous".
"Of course Kate has opinions," they said. "At least, we think she does. She's never expressed any to us."
The spokesman also revealed that Kate "is very upset about the comments... We assume. We're not allowed to ask her about anything, and she's not allowed to tell anyone about anything. That's why she got a dog."
Mantel's remarks that the Duchess "appears precision-made" and is "without quirks" have also come under fire.
"That couldn't be further from the truth," said the Palace spokesman. "With her lovely clothes, nice manners and complete lack of job, Kate is unlike any other Royal before her."
A full transcript of Hilary Mantel's speech - which puts her comments in context - can be ignored here.
MORE ON KATEMANTELGATE:
- WATCH: Horse Meat Race At Ascot
- Facebook Unveils Exciting New Features
- Frank Lampard's Children's Book Covers Revealed
- WATCH: Surprising New Findus Lasagne Advert
- Latest Paddy Power Odds On New Pope
- Pope 'Was Outsourcing Job So He Could Watch Cat Videos'
- Play 'U-Turn' - The New Game From The UK Coalition!
- No One Surprised That Aussie Rules Players Are On Drugs
- Nick Clegg's Backbone Found Buried In Car Park
- Classic Feminist Books Get Chick-Lit Covers
- New Government Video To Warn Off Immigrants
- Three EU Referendum Questions The Tories Are Considering
- Revealed: More Shocking Tesco Ingredients
- 'Hilarious' Lincoln Leads Strong Oscar Comedy Field