David Hockney Assistant Died After Drinking Acid

British artist David Hockney
British artist David Hockney

David Hockney's assistant died after drinking acid at the painter's home, an inquest has been told.

Dominic Elliott, 23, had taken cocaine, ecstasy and temazepam before he drank the liquid and was rushed to hospital, where he died, an inquest has heard.

Mr Elliott was taken ill at Hockney's home in Bridlington, East Yorkshire, in March.

The artist was not at home at the time.

Hockney's former long-term partner, John Fitzherbert, told the hearing in Hull that he drove Mr Elliott to Scarborough Hospital in the early hours of the morning.

He said that, during the day leading up to the incident, he and Mr Elliott had smoked cannabis and drunk alcohol and Mr Elliott had also snorted cocaine.

A pathologist told the court that temazepam and ecstasy was also found in his body.

Dr Richard Shepherd said the acid severely burned Mr Elliott's mouth, tongue and throat before perforating his stomach.

Popular in the Community