The actress will reprise her role as DS Ellie Miller in the smash hit ITV drama, which it begins filming next year.
Speaking to journalists including HuffPost UK at the launch of her new BBC One drama 'The 7:39', she said: "Yes, I will be doing it."
Olivia also revealed that she will not be starring in the US remake of the series, which her co-star David Tennant has been cast in.
The show, renamed as 'Gracepoint', is being produced by the show's executive producer in the UK, Chris Chibnall, and is set to begin filming in January, ready to air in autumn 2014 or early 2015.
Chris previously promised that the remake would not be 'the terrible version', but 'a great version'.
The original series has already aired in the US on BBC America, where it was well received by critics.
- REVIEW: Series Finale - Danny Latimer's Killer Is Revealed
- WATCH: Watch An Unbroadcast Scene - Danny's Wake
- CONFIRMED: Broadchurch Gets A Second Series
- SERIES FINALE: Did The Final Episode Answer All Of Your Questions?
- 9 FACTS IN 90 SECONDS: Everything You Need To Know About Olivia Colman (DS Miller)