The UK entry is hoping to bring the trophy back to Blighty for the first time since 1997, however she has worries over Austria’s entry Conchita, who has been popular with fans ahead of the Eurovision final.
Molly, the UK's Eurovision 2014 entry
“Conchita is a brilliant singer and getting a lot of love from everywhere. She is definitely competition,” Molly told The Sun. “I was so surprised when I heard there was a bearded lady in the contest, I was like, ‘Whaaat?’, but she is so attractive.”
Molly, who was relatively unknown before being announced as Great Britain’s 2014 contender, is also aware that gimmicky performances and novelty stage antics can help Eurovision acts secure votes.
MORE EUROVISION 2014:
- EUROVISION 2014: Everything you need to know
- INTERVIEW: UK's entry Molly talks 'Children Of the Universe'
- WATCH: Eurovision's bearded lady 'just wants acceptance'
- WATCH: Is this the best winner ever?
- BLOG: The (un)official Eurovision scorecard
- BLOG: One's to watch at this year's Eurovision
- BLOG: How to properly enjoy Eurovision
“I would like to think Eurovision is just about the song, but there is the whole novelty thing here,” she explained. “The public will go with whatever entertains them the most. I hope the best song wins.”
Molly will perform last in tonight’s competition, which is taking place in Copenhagen.
Conchita will represent Austria
This year’s Eurovision Song Contest will be broadcast live this Saturday, May 10 at 8pm on BBC One.