Poignant images of inspirational cancer victim Stephen Sutton enjoying his last holiday have emerged as his fundraising total soared past £4m in the days after his death from bowel cancer.
The 19-year-old flew to Ibiza with friends last summer, and was filmed for a TV documentary. In the images, he wears a T-shirt with the slogan: “Making cancer my bitch.”
Visiting Ibiza was number 28 on the teen's bucket list. He completed 34 of the 46 goals before he died peacefully on Wednesday.
Stephen Sutton flew to Ibiza with friends last summer for a holiday with pals
Stephen, from Burntwood, Staffordshire, died early on Wednesday, three days after being re-admitted to hospital with breathing difficulties caused by a re-growth of his tumours.
The donations to Stephen's JustGiving page have continued to rise - and have now passed £4million.
Donations to the Teenage Cancer Trust via Stephen's fund-raising page - www.justgiving.com/stephen-sutton-tct - saw an immediate spike in the hours after his death.
The Trust said in a statement: ''We are humbled and hugely grateful for what Stephen achieved and continues to achieve for us.
''The thoughts of everyone here at Teenage Cancer Trust are with Stephen's family and friends.''
Stephen's family have also thanked the hundreds of thousands of supporters who backed his social media campaign.
Visiting Ibiza was number 28 on the teen's bucket list
In a message posted on Facebook, his mother Jane wrote: ''My heart is bursting with pride but breaking with pain for my courageous, selfless, inspirational son who passed away peacefully in his sleep in the early hours of this morning.
''The ongoing support and outpouring of love for Stephen will help greatly at this difficult time, in the same way as it helped Stephen throughout his journey.
''We all know he will never be forgotten, his spirit will live on, in all that he achieved and shared with so many.''
Stephen, who was diagnosed with metastatic bowel cancer aged 15, was visited earlier this month at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital by Prime Minister David Cameron.
Speaking to the media in Downing Street after hearing of Stephen's death, Cameron said a ''very, very bright light'' had gone out.
''I can hardly think of anyone I've met with such a zest for life, and such a belief that you can get things done, and who wanted to live every minute," he said.
''He was determined not to be cowed by it (cancer) and to make the most of every single moment on this Earth. I think that's why he created this phenomenon, not just here in the UK but right around the world, helped by social media.''
During his fund-raising campaign, Stephen's Facebook page went from 16,000 ''likes'' to 989,000 in one month, attracting 200,000 new ''likes'' in the past two days alone.
STEPHEN'S BUCKET LIST IN FULL
1) Raise £10,000 for teenage cancer trust- (He has now raising over £4m) - DONE
2) Skydive for charity - DONE
3) Bungee jump for charity (at some place like the Macua tower, Verzasca dam, Victoria falls, etc)
4) Organize a charity party - DONE
5) Charity waxing and head shave
6) Write a book - DONE
7) Release a “tumour humour” joke book containing jokes, funny stories and anecdotes from cancer, that can help people to look at the brighter side of life
8) Organize a charity football match - DONE
9) Do a charity hitchhike visiting every Teenage Cancer Trust unit across the country
10) Write, record and release a charity single with my old band
11) Organize a charity gig - DONE
12) Go busking! - DONE
13) Persuade local schools to have a ‘get wiggy with it’ non uniform day - DONE
14) Charity quizzes at local pubs - DONE
15) Organize a charity ball - DONE
16) Host a charity ‘Come Dine With STE’ dinner party for friends - DONE
17) Organize and be part of a flash mob - DONE
18) Organize a gigantic game of musical chairs/pass the parcel/etc - DONE
19) Go to a carnival in Brazil.
20) Go to Wembley to see a football match - DONE
21) Go to Twickenham to see a rugby match - DONE
22) Fly somewhere first class - DONE
23) Get a tattoo - DONE
24) Drum in front of a huge crowd - DONE
25) Do some public speaking in front of a huge crowd of people - DONE
26) Go visit a famous waterfall
27) Throw a massive party for all my friends - DONE
28) Go on a ‘lads holiday’ - DONE
29) Go to Australia
30) Hug an animal that is bigger than me - DONE
31) Ride a Segway - DONE
32) Go to a Skrillex concert
33) Go see a darts competition - DONE
34) Get my name into the Guinness World Book of Records somehow
35) Go to CERN in Switzerland - DONE
36) Meet Jimmy Carr - DONE
37) Go to another music festival - DONE
38) Find someone with more surgical scars than me (>47cm worth) - DONE
39) Star as an extra in a film or music video - DONE
40) Get Tim Minchin to write a song for me - DONE
41) Learn to juggle
42) Inspire someone else to become a doctor or fundraiser - DONE
43) Have my portrait drawn - DONE
44) Crowd surf in a rubber dingy at a gig - DONE
45) Try breathing in xenon or sulphur dioxide and talking (has the opposite effect of helium)
46) Visit Machu Picchu in Peru