Frances, who lost her own father Kurt Cobain when she was a toddler, tweeted Zelda after she posted a tribute to Robin on Instagram.
Just Jared reports that photoshopped images of the actor were among the vile messages sent to Zelda.
I'm sorry. I should've risen above. Deleting this from my devices for a good long time, maybe forever. Time will tell. Goodbye.— Zelda Williams (@zeldawilliams) August 13, 2014
- Stars Pays Their Respects To Robin Williams On Twitter
- President Obama Responds To William's Death: 'He Was One Of A Kind'
- Robin Williams: The Wit And The Warmth (BLOG)
- Fans Pay Their Respects On The Hollywood Walk Of FameADVERTISEMENT
- 56 Photos Of Robin Williams At His Funniest
- Remembering Robin Williams With 20 Of His Funniest Quotes
- Robin Williams On Comedy: His Greatest Stand-Up Clips And Quotes
- Williams Gave The Most Inspiring Speech In Film History
“Dad was, is and always will be one of the kindest, most generous, gentlest souls I've ever known, and while there are few things I know for certain right now, one of them is that not just my world, but the entire world is forever a little darker, less colourful and less full of laughter in his absence,” Zelda’s statement reads. “We'll just have to work twice as hard to fill it back up again."
A number of celebrities have paid tribute to Robin on Twitter, including Ricky Gervais, who wrote: “I am deeply saddened. He was a lovely man who would keep everyone laughing even if he wasn't feeling good himself. RIP Robin Williams.”
If you've been affected by the issues in this article, please call the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90.