While the first bells of Christmas were officially run this morning with the advent of John Lewis's Christmas ad, featuring the feathered talents of Monty the Penguin, rival store Aldi have uncovered their own festive offerings, with far more wholesome, inclusive fare.
- WATCH: The Making Of 'The Bear And The Hare' John Lewis Xmas Ad
- LOOK: The Best John Lewis Christmas Ad Parodies
- The Best Twitter Reactions To #MontyThePenguin
- John Lewis £1M Christmas Advert Launches - But Is The Hype Waning?
- John Lewis, The Man, Goes Through Hell This Time Every Year
- The John Lewis Christmas Ad... A Breakdown
- BLOG: John Lewis Will Make Millions From Your Tears This Year, But That's Ok
While John Lewis carefully spelt out the wonders of childhood in their ad, Aldi have obviously concentrated on one simple message - that Christmas is for everyone.
Aldi's message is clear - something for everyone
We see lots of different families around the dinner table, as well as friends, co-workers - in uniform, reminding us that not everyone gets to spend the holiday arguing over the remote control and looking for the dice - all eating lots of Aldi food.
Aldi's regular star, pensioner Jean Jones, makes her cameo, and celebrity is represented in the form of Jools Holland and his band playing us out...
Click here to see John Lewis's highly-anticipated offering, and let us know - which one makes you feel more Christmassy? Share your thoughts below...
Get all misty-eyed by watching all seven John Lewis ads from Christmases past below...