By now you can’t fail to have noticed that John Lewis have unveiled their latest Christmas advert, a tearjerking tale of penguin love around the festive season. What could get us more in the mood for Crimbo than that?
- WATCH: The Making Of 'The Bear And The Hare' John Lewis Xmas Ad
- LOOK: The Best John Lewis Christmas Ad Parodies
- The Best Twitter Reactions To #MontyThePenguin
- John Lewis £1M Christmas Advert Launches - But Is The Hype Waning?
- John Lewis, The Man, Goes Through Hell This Time Every Year
- The John Lewis Christmas Ad... A Breakdown
- BLOG: John Lewis Will Make Millions From Your Tears This Year, But That's Ok
In previous years, we’ve heard Lily Allen, Ellie Goulding and Paloma Faith taking on old favourites to accompany the department store’s annual Christmas ad, while this year, the honour goes to singer-songwriter Tom Odell, who has covered the lesser-known John Lennon track ‘Real Love’ for the advert.
While the new John Lewis advertising campaign is bound to provide a massive boost to Tom’s profile, what you might not know is that he’s already a pretty well-established star, having received awards for his songwriting and critical acclaim for his debut release ‘A Long Way Down’.
Since you’re going to be hearing a lot more of him in the run-up to Christmas - not just in every ad break up until the end of December, but no doubt on the radio too - we decided to round up everything you need to know about Tom Odell with a nifty ‘9 Facts In 90 Seconds’ (although, we should probably make that ‘9 And A Half Facts In 90 Seconds’, as you’ll see…)