"Be Bold. Be Unexpected. Be You" is the slogan used by a beauty campaign promoting self-expression.
The self-love movement by Makeup Forever is using the social media hashtag #BeMAKEUPFOREVER to launch it's new profiles of the brand.
Andreja Pejic is one of the faces of the campaign and her involvement marks the first time a transgender model has ever starred in a major cosmetics campaign.
Andreja Pejic makes history as a transgender model
It's official, history has been made!
ModaMob's video team asked Pejic about the campaign and she said:
“Being bold is about freedom. It’s hard for anyone to grow up and not be afraid of what others think."
"Makeup helps me express myself, and I’ve used it in varying ways throughout my life. I have strived to live life on my own terms, to never have to hide and to never have to feel shame about who I am."
"I can be proud of that, and I’m equally proud to share that message through this campaign.”
The model has previously cat-walked as both male and female identities and is starring alongside actress Jamie Chung in the campaign.
This self-love campaign will officially launch, alongside Makeup Forever, at Sephora stores on July 16th.
Pejic, came out as transgender in July 2014 and has made waves in the fashion industry with her androgynous look. She has featured on the covers of both Elle and French Vogue.
She added: "To all trans youth out there, I would like to say respect yourself and be proud of who you are. All human beings deserve equal treatment no matter their gender identity or sexuality. To be perceived as what you say you are is a basic human right."
- Beaumont Society is a national self help body run by and for the transgender community | 01582 412220
- The Gender Trust supports anyone affected by gender identity | 01527 894 838
- Mermaids offers information, support, friendship and shared experiences for young people with gender identity issues | 0208 1234819
- LGBT Youth Scotland is the largest youth and community-based organisation for LGBT people in Scotland. Text 07786 202 370
- Gires provides information for trans people, their families and professionals who care for them | 01372 801554
- Depend provides support, advice and information for anyone who knows, or is related to, a transsexual person in the UK.