Hands raised in the air and fingers arranged in victory signs, the joy and relief of this Syrian man, after making it to the shores on the Greek island of Kos on a small rubber dinghy, are clear to see.
The picture emerged as the greek government, so overwhelmed by the influx of migrants - more than 130,000 have reached Greece so far this year - sent a ferry to serve as a temporary processing centre.
The move followed widespread criticism of the government's handling of the crisis, which one charity labelled a "state of abuse". Migrants were last week locked in a stadium without food, drinking water or sanitation, having queued for hours to enter it. Authorities had used stun grenades and fire extinguishers to control and subdue them.
According to Sky News, Syrian refugees have begun registering on the ferry, the Eleftherios Venizelos, which docked on Friday, and is expected to remain there for two week. The ferry is said to be able to take up to 2,500 people and will provide shelter for refugees until they are able to move on.
Sky Reporter Tom Rayner, who is on Kos, said although the ferry was a welcome sight, it was causing resentment as it appeared to so far only be benefiting Syrian refugees.
He said: "The Greek authorities have determined the Syrians have a more clear-cut case for refugee status having fled a war.
"They get special provision but Afghans, Pakistanis and Iranians have to still queue outside the police station.
"There are fewer officials there to process their requests and we have seen anger spilling over into fighting, something that aid agencies are worried about."
Mr Rayner said they were "afraid there could be more" violent scenes if people feel they are not being looked after while others are getting their documents fast tracked.
Meanwhile, Greek authorities said Sunday that they had started resettling migrants living in tents in a park in Athens to settlements, but many wary of the move had already left.
Story continues below
The Associated Press reported that fire brigade buses were used to move the migrants, most from Afghanistan, to a settlement of 90 containers in the district of Votanikos. Each can house six to eight people and has air conditioning, running water and a toilet.
The government had stressed the settlement was not a detention centre and everyone was free to come and go. Police however, reported that about a third of the park's residents had left by their own means, wary of the promises. About 30 were said to have refused to leave the park.
Around 171 migrants were moved to the settlement. Many more are still residing in other public spaces.
Zahra Mohseni, an Afghan migrant, told AP: "I am afraid that they are going to send us back to Afghanistan, I'm scared of being sent to a fenced place where I won't be able to go anywhere."
Fellow Afghani, Arash Himati, said the settlement was "so much better".