WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR:
- 129 dead, French prosecutor says, with 352 injured, 99 critically
- Restaurants, football stadium, rock concert attacked in night of horror
- One attacker named as 29-year-old Omar Ismail Mostefai, a Frenchman who was flagged for Islamic radicalism links
- French border controls increased, state of emergency declared
- Seven extremists in three teams carried out attacks, all wearing identical suicide belts, all killed
- Paris Attacks: Watch Terrifying Police Shootout With Terrorists Outside Bataclan Theatre Where 89 Died
Sky News presenter Kay Burley has been ridiculed on social media for posting a picture of a depressed-looking Labrador and linking it to the Paris terrorist attacks that have left 129 dead and 352 injured.
Burley, who has been reporting live in Paris, shared the picture on Twitter on Sunday, captioning the image "Sadness in his eyes". She ended the message with #parisattacks.
The picture has since been shared over 1,200 times.
Burley was criticised for linking the picture to the massacre with one user pointing out it was "hilariously inappropriate... beyond parody". However, most Twitter users then proceeded to share their own pictures of animals supposedly reacting to the news.
@KayBurley Utter idiocy. Even by Sky News standards this is disgraceful— R Evans (@Mativenko80) November 15, 2015
"Kay Burley though mate.."
"I know mate, I know."
"The dog mate, the sadness."
"I know mate." pic.twitter.com/mtCbCtnoHQ— Geraint (@geraintgriffith) November 15, 2015
@Truly_Defective and he's not wearing a poppy, what a cunt!— Joe Wells (@joewellscomic) November 15, 2015
So insightful @KayBurley
Please let us know how the pigeons are coping in the aftermath
Stay strong Rover. We cock our legs with you— Twee Christmas ad (@_kateness) November 15, 2015
@KayBurley Honey, it's a dog.— Steve (@Maxaretunit) November 15, 2015