Dramatic footage has emerged of passengers being evacuated from train carriages following an explosion at a busy Brussels metro station on Tuesday, which has reportedly left 20 dead.
It follows two other explosions at Brussels Zaventem Airport this morning, which left 14 dead and has been confirmed by the Belgium federal prosecutor as a suicide attack.
More than 200 people were injured in the attacks, which self-proclaimed Islamic State has claimed responsibility for.
Travellers can be seen being helped down onto the tracks in the dark tunnel near to Maalbeck metro station shortly after the blast.
A child can be heard crying in the footage as passengers disembark from the train and proceed to walk along the railway tracks underground.
The entire Metro system was shut down following the blast at Maalbeek Metro Station, which is located near to European Union institutions.
The exact details of the attack remain unclear, but witnesses who were on the trains arriving into the station have described the moment they heard the blasts.
One witness said: "I was in the Metro heading from Arts-Loi to Maalbeck and we received a big blast of air and the train stopped.
"And we had the normal recording announcements: 'We have just had an incident on the line, we are trying to resolve the issue'.
"But it was a recording. So we waited and smoke began to enter the carriages and people turned and closed the windows and then train staff came through."
Footage recorded outside the metro station shows chaotic scenes outside.
Police and ambulances cordoned off the parts of the road and injured can be seen being treated on the ground.
Brussels Zaventem airport was rocked by two explosions with reports of 14 dead.
Belgian news agency Belga said that shots were fired and there were shouts in Arabic shortly before the explosions at the airport.
Video and stills pictures show smoke rising from one of the terminal buildings. The incidents occurred around 8am local time.
Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam was arrested in Belgium last week after police raided an apartment in Brussels.
Abdeslam, a Belgian-born French national was dubbed Europe’s most-wanted fugitive. He is now fighting extradition to France.
Following Abdeslam’s arrest, Belgian Foreign Minister Didier Reynders said that Abdeslam told investigators he was planning to ‘restart something’ in Brussels.
Brussels has been on high alert for a possible revenge attack following the 26-year-old’s capture.