This year’s ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ pairings have now been revealed, following Saturday night’s launch show.
During the episode, all 15 of the celebrity contestants discovered which professional dancer they’d be performing with for the duration of their time on the show, with some predictable outcomes and a handful of surprises.
Anton Du Beke, the longest-serving professional on ‘Strictly’, discovered he would be dancing with Susannah Constantine, while newcomer Graziano Di Prima was partnered with Capital Radio presenter Vick Hope.
Former pop singers Lee Ryan, Faye Tozer and Ashley Roberts found out they’d be performing with Nadiya Bychkova, Giovanni Pernice and Pasha Kovalev respectively, while reigning champion Katya Jones met her new partner, comedian Seann Walsh.
Check out the full list of pairs below…
- Ashley Roberts was partnered with Pasha Kovalev
- Charles Venn was partnered with Karen Clifton
- Danny John-Jules was partnered with Amy Dowden
- Faye Tozer was partnered with Giovanni Pernice
- Graeme Swann was partnered with Oti Mabuse
- Joe Sugg was partnered with Dianne Buswell
- Kate Silverton was partnered with Aljaž Skorjanec
- Katie Piper was partnered with Gorka Marquez
- Lauren Steadman was partnered with AJ Pritchard
- Lee Ryan was partnered with Nadiya Bychkova
- Dr Ranj Singh was partnered with Janette Manrara
- Seann Walsh was partnered with Katya Jones
- Stacey Dooley was partnered with Kevin Clifton
- Susannah Constantine was partnered with Anton Du Beke
- Vick Hope was partnered with Graziano Di Prima
The 15 couples have now begun training for the first of this year’s ‘Strictly’ live shows, on 22 September.
As was previously revealed, long-serving pro Neil Jones does not have a partner for the third year running, nor do new arrivals Johannes Radebe and Luba Mushtuk.
The BBC recently confirmed they were introducing a new twist to this year’s live performances, with the introduction of the ‘Couple’s Choice’ category, in which each couple will be able to perform a routine that doesn’t fall under the traditional ballroom and Latin that’s previously been showcased on ‘Strictly’.