Well here we are in 2015 and it is for many a time when they look to sort out their state of mind so that they can enhance their life. And why not start a fresh year with a mission to let go of things that hold us back, and transform our minds so that we achieve so much more. There is no doubt that hypnotherapy is one of the leading techniques when it comes to reprogramming your mind so that you can do things you never thought possible. Furthermore, clinical hypnosis is a process that will help eradicate anxiety and turbo charge your confidence, because it works by programming your unconscious mind to take on new positive habits.
But there is a BIG WARNING. This is an industry that is unregulated, meaning that anyone can claim to be a hypnotherapist. However, what's more concerning is that so many claiming to be a hypnotherapist are frankly camouflaged counsellors who simply prefer to do relaxation therapy because they are incapable of doing anything else. In short they are airy fairy, have little confidence about themselves, and look as inspiring as your laundry drying on a Monday. It is because of this that they are unable to drive the power of suggestion into your mind so that you achieve the desired changes you deserve.
If you are looking to work with a Hypnotherapist in 2015 to help reprogram your mind, you are well advised to drill down deeply into how strong and dynamic the Hypnotherapist actually is. Because hypnosis is all about the power if suggestion, it is essential you are mentally inspired by the Hypnotherapist, otherwise it is likely to fail, and you would have been better advised spending your money on a good night out! The last thing you want to spend your money on is a Hypnotherapist who simply takes your money in return for offering you a load of uninspiring waffle. This in my book is fraud.
Ten Signs Of An Airy Fairy Hypnotherapist
So you are probably wondering how on earth to spot an airy fairy fraudulent Hypnotherapist. Well, having worked in the industry for over ten years I am pleased to offer you my top ten warning signs.
1. They often wear chunky cardigans especially in the colours of brown and navy blue and look like they need a wash.
2. The airy fairy Hypnotherapist may love to wear open sandals, so if you see them wearing these, I would leg it. And if they are wearing socks with them it is a definite no-no.
3. Quite often they love crystals and will burn scented candles in preparation for your arrival. Sadly this normally makes you feel sick and ruins any hope of getting hypnotised.
4. They talk waffle. They are often academic in nature and lack the practical skill set. They talk in riddles because they can't apply the theory so achieve very little.
5. Their websites look very rainbow in nature. And if you spot lots of cheesy statements on their website I would move on because this yells 'let's hug a tree together!'
6. The airy fairy clan will fail to talk about your outcome in practical terms, as they love focusing on the problem and are in their element getting you to relive painful childhood memories.
7. They tilt their head to the side throughout the session because they believe it will inspire you to make changes. I don't think so! You are more likely to nod off if this is the case.
8. Look at what they drink. If it is some odd type of tea then it may well mean that they love to talk philosophically rather than getting the job done for you as soon as possible.
9. If you keep hearing the words 'how do you feel about that?' then they are definitely useless. What this often means is that they don't know what to say so get you to do it for them.
10. They are never glammed up! The airy fairy clan love lots of elasticated trousers (normally back, navy or brown).
Fortunately there are many super dynamic Hypnotherapists out there who actually look and behave inspirationally. These Hypnotherapists are the ones that help get the results for their clients. However, it is a sad fact that still many see the profession as an option because they are quite frankly incapable of doing very much at all. These are the frauds I warn you about. When contacting a Hypnotherapist listen to how they talk, pay attention to how they look, and most of all if you hear lots of waffle tosh just put the phone down. It is your life and you deserve the best.