At Margaret Thatcher's funeral the only thing more shocking than the Gandalf-esque growth protruding from Bernard Ingham's forehead was the salty spill seeping from George Osborne's Sauron-esque eye.
Ingham's wonderfully wizardy eyebrows
The Chancellor actually cried.
The same man who just about managed to nervously laugh off being booed by 80,000 of his fellow countrymen just couldn't hold it together at the funeral of a woman he met a handful of times.
The original and never-seen-before Osborne Tear
The internet promptly erupted, producing a plethora of peaky-eyed pictures which we have kindly assembled for your pleasure...
Where Margaret Thatcher Meets Comedy:
- Margaret Thatcher's Funeral In (Funny) Tweets
- Thatcher's Funeral And Protest: The Orders Of Service
- WATCH: 'Candle In The Wind', Dedicated To Thatcher
- Big Ben Silenced: The Funniest Twitter Reactions
- Thatcher's Funeral: Alternative Route Suggestion
- Nine People Who Will Sadly Miss Thatcher's Funeral
- 'Ding Dong! Tops iTunes Chart: See The Rest Of The Top Five
- Danny Boyle To Direct Margaret Thatcher's Funeral
- Wicked Witch Dies, Oz Both Mourns And Celebrates
- Margaret Thatcher Dies: Twitter's Wittier Responses
- WATCH: Margaret Thatcher On 'Spitting Image'
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more