We think it's what she would have wanted. A fleet of plumbers' vans emblazoned with her face:
Yes, Pimlico Plumbers did Margaret Thatcher proud on the day of her funeral. They flew the Union Jack at half-mast and decorated their fleet with pictures of her beautifully coiffured head - and black bows.
"I have been accused of going over the top but the way I see it Mrs Thatcher is a once in a lifetime politician, and the lady who quite simply saved us from ourselves in the troubled 1980s," writes founder Charlie Mullins on the Pimlico Plumbers website. "That's why at Pimlico we will have televisions on in the entire building, including the call centre, and I'm told there are even a few engineers who have requested an hour or so off tomorrow to watch the procession." Blimey.
But if you have a plumbing emergency in Pimlico during the hours of the funeral, fear not! "People need not worry if they have a plumbing (or other) emergency," writes Charlie. "We'll be taking calls and sending out plumbers and other trades as usual. The Iron Lady wouldn't have had it any other way!"
Where Thatcher Meets Comedy:
- Thatcher's Funeral And Protest: The Orders Of Service
- WATCH: 'Candle In The Wind', Dedicated To Thatcher
- Big Ben Silenced: The Funniest Twitter Reactions
- Thatcher's Funeral: Alternative Route Suggestion
- Nine People Who Will Sadly Miss Thatcher's Funeral
- 'Ding Dong! Tops iTunes Chart: See The Rest Of The Top Five
- Danny Boyle To Direct Margaret Thatcher's Funeral
- Wicked Witch Dies, Oz Both Mourns And Celebrates
- Margaret Thatcher Dies: Twitter's Wittier Responses
- WATCH: Margaret Thatcher On 'Spitting Image'
More:Margaret Thatcher Margaret Thatcher Tributes Margaret Thatcher Dead Funny Pictures Pimlico Plumbers
Suggested For You
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements. Learn more