A leading member of Ukip has said that women "aren't as good at being sexist as men" and that they are "far less likely to make stupid comments".
Speaking at a panel event, he said that making stupid remarks in public was "very, very competitive" and that women "come absolutely nowhere" compared to men.
"When it comes to the highest levels of competitive public sports - such as making sexist remarks and sounding like a complete idiot - women are few and far between," he told the audience.
"This is why women shouldn't be in boardrooms. They simply aren't stupid enough to compete alongside the men."
He could understand why women did less well in areas where men have a physical advantage, he added.
"Look at me, for example. Being both male and a member of Ukip, I find it far easier to put my foot in my mouth."
- Father Of Edinburgh Panda Baby Revealed
- 'Katie' And 'Hopkins' Top Most Popular Girls' Names List
- Atheists More Smug Than Religious People, Study Finds
- Panda Baby Watch: Our 36-Page Souvenir Special!
- Supermarkets Won't Sell Lab Burgers 'Until They Contain At Least 10% Horsemeat'
- The Ashes - How South American Commentators Covered It
- A Trainspotter's Guide To The Edinburgh Festival
- Twitter Unveils Full Range Of 'Report Abuse' Buttons
- Trolls Win Campaign To Get Troll On £5 Note
- CHART: Find Out If You Are A Troll
- WATCH: One Direction Movie Trailer - Hobbit Style
- PICTURE: First Look At New Jane Austen £10 Banknote
- Porn Crackdown: Government Unveils Screen Blocker (PICTURE)