Victims of the late 17th century Salem witch trials have finally had enough of people using the phrase 'It's like the Salem witch trials', Huffington Post UK Comedy has learned.
Rising from the dead to speak to HuffPost UK, one said: "We've put up with this s*** for over three hundred years now. It's just getting ridiculous and is completely insulting to all of us who suffered."
The victims are believed to be most upset when the phrase is used about events which are not even close to the levels of torture and killing that they had to endure - such as a Liberal Democrat peer being asked to apologise for something.
Lord Rennard: Would he float?
- Possible Reasons For 7 British Weather Disasters, According To Ukip
- Nick Clegg Urged To Apologise For Distress He's Caused To Lib Dems
- WATCH: The 'Benefit Street' Sequel We've Been Wanting
- 2014 Oscar Snubs Announced
- BREAKING: Woman Turns 40
- Liam Payne Neither Confirms Nor Denies He Is Batman
- How To Reduce The Amount You Read About Sugar
- Nobody Surprised Frenchman May Have Had An Affair
- Nick Griffin's Cookery Book Is Unveiled
- LOOK: Prince William's Agriculture Course Syllabus
- A Guide To English Terms For EU Migrants