The organiser of the now infamous pub crawl which saw a British girl perform oral sex on 24 men has faced the media.
Defiant Paul Smith, who runs Carnage Magalluf, held a press conference on Thursday at one of his bars in the resort.
When asked how he felt when he saw the video, he replied: “Disgusted by it. Disgusted by it. Disgusted by the young lady who was doing it.
“I can’t say my reps encourage anything like that. She should be very much spoken to by her parents. If anything it’s to do with her upbringing.”
The girl in question is the 18-year-old daughter of a devoutly religious family from Northern Ireland.
A friend of the family, who are reportedly born-again Christians, said the girl had been "a victim, a target of evil, of wickedness" who was "led astray in a vulnerable moment".
Smith admitted he had made mistakes, but insisted he had “no moral responsibility” for the incident.
He said: “I wasn’t even fully aware of it at the time.
“The girl involved even bought a ticket for the following night’s Carnage tour. Carnage didn’t encourage her, why should I apologise?
“We’re giving memories of Magaluf, that’s all.”
Carnage Magalluf describes itself on its website as the “leader in Magaluf party entertainment”
The company advertises a three-event package for £79.99 including "bar crawl, boat party and jungle sessions".
The bar crawl is a four-nights-a-week event which includes "four hours of unlimited drinking, four hours of unlimited free shots and a free Carnage vest/T-shirt".
Despite Smith’s unrepentant stance, the firm’s Twitter account seems eager to play up the publicity surrounding the event and has been re-tweeting praise and jokes about it.
Smith’s comments come as the mayor of Calvia announced new legislation to crack down on pub crawls.
Manuel Onieva condemned the now viral video, and on Thursday announced he had passed a law “giving us tighter control over the operation of pub crawl organisers.”
Onieva, who last week ordered a police investigation into the incident added that he wished to "express my total rejection and anger at the activities which were carried out in a video which is currently on the social media circuit".
Smith, who was flanked by his lawyer during the press conference, was no doubt aware of the developments and vowed it wouldn’t happen again.
“There’ll be more security… that sort of thing. I don’t want to lose my license, so there will definitely be changes.
“And there needs to be more control of Magaluf.”
He admitted he “feels sorry” for the girl, but maintains Carnage played no direct part in events.
He added: “As you can see in the video, there was no one there holding or forcing her.
- 'Magaluf Girl' Mamading Video: British Tourists Are 'Educationally Inadequate' Blasts Furious Spanish Minister
Police Probe 'Magaluf Girl' Video Showing Tourist Perform Sex Acts On 24 men For Alcohol
“Why should I apologise? What have I done wrong?
“I’ve made mistakes but I wasn’t the one who forced her to get to the floor, so unfortunately I’m not going to apologise to the family.
“I give what people want. They want a good time. They want alcohol. That’s facts. They want alchohol.”
The girl in the footage has been variously reported to have performed the feat in exchange for a €3 bottle of Cava, or for a cocktail named ‘Holiday’, having apparently been misled into thinking she would receive a trip.
It is believed to be an example of “mamading” – a “game” where bars encourage young women to perform sex acts in return for free alcohol.
The Calvia region, which also includes the resort of Palma Nova, is visited by between 1.6 million and 2 million visitors a year, of whom around one million are Britons.
British visits to the region are worth an estimated 800 million euros (about £640 million) a year to the local economy.