• Shauna Hoare is second person charged with murder of Becky Watts
• Becky's stepbrother Nathan Matthews also charged with murder
• Both charged with four counts of making indecent images of children
Police investigating the death of Becky Watts have charged a second person with her murder.
The teenager vanished from her family home in Crown Hill, Bristol, on February 19, sparking a huge search.
Officers discovered the 16-year-old's body parts at a house in Barton Hill, Bristol, on March 2 and charged her stepbrother, Nathan Matthews, 28, with murder.
His girlfriend, Shauna Hoare, 21, of Cotton Mill Lane, Bristol, is accused of perverting the course of justice by lying to police.
Hoare has now been jointly charged with the murder of Becky and furthermore the couple have been charged with four counts of making indecent images of children.
Jaydene Parsons, 23, James Ireland, 23, and twins Karl and Donovan Demetrius, 29, are accused of assisting an offender.
On Monday Avon and Somerset Police announced new evidence had been gathered via specialist forensic examinations, leading to the following additional charges being brought:
• Shauna Hoare has been charged with the murder of Becky Watts (jointly with Nathan Matthews)
• Nathan Matthews has been charged with perverting the course of justice (jointly with Shauna Hoare)
• Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare have been charged with conspiracy to commit false imprisonment
• Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare have been charged with preventing Becky's lawful burial
• Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare have been charged with possession of a prohibited weapon
• Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare have been charged with four counts of making indecent images of children (The police specify this charge is not related to Becky Watts)
• Nathan Matthews has been charged with sexual assault (The police specify this charge is not related to Becky Watts)
• Nathan Matthews has been charged with voyeurism (The police specify this charge is not related to Becky Watts)
These new charges will be added to the indictment at the next court appearance, which is a plea and case management hearing at Bristol Crown Court on August 4.
There are no changes to the charges against the Demetrius twins, Parsons and Ireland.
Detective Superintendent Liz Tunks said: “Our thoughts and sympathies are with Becky’s family. This has been a very difficult time for them and they have had to endure yet more pain as we have worked to understand the full circumstances surrounding her death.
“Our continuing investigative work in this case demonstrates our determination to explore all avenues even after suspects have been charged. This has been a meticulous and exhaustive investigation.
“I would like to thank the local communities in St George and Barton Hill for their patience and co-operation as this investigation continues.”
Rachael Scott, head of the CPS South West Complex Casework Unit said: “Following receipt of a full file from Avon and Somerset police, the CPS has authorised a number of additional charges against both Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare. Most significantly there is now sufficient evidence to charge Shauna Hoare with the murder of Becky Watts.
“Proceedings are now ongoing and the defendants have the right to a fair trial. It is very important that there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice these proceedings."