TotalBeauty did their best to delete the mistake however, many eagle-eyed Twitter users had already spotted - and print-screened - the post, which can be seen below:
“We had no idea @Oprah was #tatted, and we love it. #Oscars,” it read. Which would have been fine… if the picture was of Oprah. Ooops.
While Oprah was not in attendance at the event, Whoopi looked stunning, pairing her gorgeous gown with a giant, octopus-shaped ring-meets-bracelet creation.
This. Is. Not. Oprah.
Whoopi was joined on the red carpet by a whole host of stars, including nominees Brie Larson, Alicia Vikander and Eddie Redmayne, as well as ‘Star Wars’ actress Daisy Ridley, Henry Cavill and Margot Robbie, who all had presenting duties.
This. Is. Oprah.
The tweet comes at an interesting time, especially as this year’s Academy Awards have shared headlines with the #OscarsSoWhite campaign, which highlights the lack of black and asian actors on the nominees list.
- Lady Gaga Makes An Important Stand With Stunning Oscars Performance
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back After Sam Smith's Oscars Speech
- See All The Snaps From The 2016 Oscars Red Carpet
- Lady Gaga And Taylor Kinney Lead Cute Couples On The Oscars Red Carpet
- Brand Mistake Whoopi For Oprah In Oscars Twitter Fail
- There Was Something Very Wrong With E!'s Coverage Of Tilda Swinton's Oscars Outfit
- We're In Full Swoon Over These Pics Of Tom Hardy At The Oscars
A number of this year's attendees have addressed the issue, including Sylvester Stallone, who previously admitted to considering whether to boycott the ceremony.
See all the snaps from the red carpet below...