A man has died after yet another fatal stabbing in London.
Scotland Yard said officers were called to reports of a fight on Gowan Avenue, Fulham, at 12.27am on Saturday.
The victim, believed to be 29, was found suffering from stab wounds.
He was tended to by members of the public before paramedics and police arrived, but was pronounced dead at the scene just before 1am.
There have been no arrests, the Press Association reports.
A friend of the victim, who visited the cordon on Saturday morning, said: “It’s still processing, he was a good guy, he was a big man, 29, you don’t do silly things like this, knife crimes.”
The friend, who asked not to be named, said he was not aware of similar violent incidents in the largely quiet residential area but added: “There might have been a stabbing in this area, don’t get me wrong, but they are normally with kids, not people our age.
“Even if there was a little problem it should not have led to this.”
The Met said officers were working to inform the man’s next of kin and that the Homicide and Major Crime Command had been notified.
A crime scene is in place at the scene and anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting reference 179/16 March.
Official figures reveal London’s homicide rate surged to the highest in a decade last year, with 132 deaths recorded – and there are fears among councils, police and communities that 2019 will follow at a similar rate.
Within the first six hours of 2019, two lives were claimed in separate knife attacks, setting a bleak precedent.
Nationally, the number of homicides involving knives in England and Wales has also jumped to the highest level since records began – and it’s particularly a problem among young people, with 1,000 teenagers admitted to hospital with a knife wound last year.