John Lewis has recalled four dolls from their ‘My First Doll’ collection due to fears they may present a potential choking hazard for kids.
The high-street retailer said if anyone has bought one of these items since 27 September 2017, they should take it off their children immediately.
The spokesperson for John Lewis told HuffPost UK: “The safety of our customers is of the utmost importance to us and as a precaution we recalled these products in December. We apologise for the inconvenience and the disappointment caused to our customers by this product recall.”
All customers are asked to return the item to their nearest John Lewis or Waitrose store to receive a full refund.
The products recalled were dolls purchased from the 27 September to 6 December 2017.
The dolls affected are: “785 00120 / 785 00122 My first doll, girl”, “785 00121 My first doll, boy”, “785 00124 Baby twin set” and “78500127 My first doll bumper set”.
The recall only affects batch codes 1702 and 1703, which can be found on the barcode label at the back of the box, as well as the sewn-in label.
However, if you have purchased a doll from a different batch and you are concerned about the safety of the doll, you are still able to return it.
The statement continued: “We’re very sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this product recall may cause you.”