As a result of this, Lorraine Kelly is now a temporary presenter in the last hour of Good Morning Britain each day, while ITV is showing “classic” episodes of Loose Women in their 12.30pm slot “to give viewers something to smile about each day at lunchtime”.
But while we can think of plenty of Loose Women moments guaranteed to brighten up your lunch hour for those who are working from home, there are also a fair few we imagine ITV won’t be in a hurry to remind everyone of.
Here are just a few of those moments...
1. That time that Joan Rivers called Russell Crowe a “piece of fucking shit”, right in front of Jane McDonald
Joan Rivers later claimed she’d been “dragged out” of the studio, suggesting that she hadn’t intended to swear (less than a minute into her interview, no less), but didn’t realise the show was being broadcast completely live. “I was wrong,” she later told Richard and Judy. “I meant to say Mel Gibson.”
2. When Rupert Everett dropped the F-bomb live at lunchtime
The actor realised what he’d said just a second too late, but at least Lisa Maxwell was able to think quickly and laugh it off.
3. But, of course, they weren’t the most famous expletives uttered on Loose Women
No, that honour goes to Katie Price’s teenage son Harvey, who held nothing back when he told internet trolls exactly what he thought of them, leaving a flustered Andrea McLean to apologise on behalf of the show.
4. When Penny Lancaster gave Sarah Harding an absolute grilling
Poor old Sarah was only on the show to talk about her stint on The Jump, but ended up getting bombarded with questions for almost two minutes straight about everything from her unsuccessful solo career, to her relationship with her father.
5. When Fathers 4 Justice invaded the studio, and the show was briefly taken off air
We have to say, Coleen Nolan handled this situation brilliantly, quickly diverting attention away from the protesters, and back onto the subject at hand, which happened to be her own weight loss journey.
6. That time Ruth Langsford struggled to hide her emotions during Katie Price’s live vocal performance
We still prefer Free To Love Again, tbh.
7. Not to mention when Coleen Nolan had to physically drag Katie off the panel after a pre-watershed sex chat got a little too explicit
Katie later told HuffPost UK that this was the one time she found herself getting a “telling off” from producers during her stint as a Loose Women panellist.
8. That time Penny Lancaster paid tribute to Burt Bacharach, even though he’s not actually dead
She later explained: “I think what it was… he’s 90, and I saw a recent tribute and I got the wrong end of the stick. And so happy birthday. And I hope you carry on writing that wonderful music.”
9. This chaotic episode the day after Margaret Thatcher’s funeral
From Andrea being caught telling a producer not to talk in her ear while she’s presenting, to a rude slip-up from Janet Street-Porter, this day is probably best kept in the Loose Women vault.
10. Kim Woodburn being Kim Woodburn and – you guessed it – swearing live on air
“Why didn’t we see this side to you in the Big Brother house?” Linda Robson asked. “Because they were bastards,” Kim replied, nonchallantly.
11. And let’s not even get into Kim’s most infamous appearance on the daytime show
This interview attracted thousands of complaints to Ofcom, with Kim storming off in tears at the end of it, and Coleen Nolan taking an extended break from TV as a result of the attention she received.
12. And finally, on a lighter note, here’s Saira Khan pretending to have fantasised about a dog
We still can’t believe this made it to air. Incredible stuff.
Loose Women airs every weekday at 12.30pm on ITV.