However, it seems they are set to stay after this week’s dances were revealed.
The pair will be taking on a Charleston to ‘Bills’ by Lunchmoney Lewis on Saturday’s live show.
Reports had claimed they had initially been set to dance a Rumba, but that looks to have changed after footage of their tryst was published on Sunday.
Here’s what the rest of the ‘Strictly’ stars will be dancing to this weekend...
- Katie and Gorka will be dancing the Jive to ‘Why Do Fools Fall In Love’ by Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers
- Ashley and Pasha will be dancing the Tango to ‘Look What You Made Me Do’ to Taylor Swift
- Lauren and AJ will be dancing the Quickstep to ‘If You’re Over Me’ by Years and Years
- Stacey and Kevin will be dancing the Foxtrot to ‘Hi Ho Silver Lining’ by Jeff Beck
- Faye and Giovanni will be dancing the Rumba to ‘Chandelier’ by Sia
- Kate and Aljaz will be dancing the Samba to ‘Africa’ by Toto
- Vick and Graziano will be dancing the Quickstep to ‘Can’t Hurry Love’ by Diana Ross and the Supremes
- Danny and Amy will be dancing the Viennese Waltz to ‘I’ve Gotta Be Me’ by Sammy Davis Jnr
- Seann and Katya will be dancing the Charleston to ‘Bills’ by Lunchmoney Lewis
- Dr. Ranj and Janette will be dancing the Paso Doble to ‘Cancion del Mariachi’ by Los Lobos
- Charles and Karen will be dancing the Salsa to ‘Use It Up and Wear It Out’ by Odyssey
- Graeme and Oti will be dancing the Jive to ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ by Queen
- Joe and Dianne will be dancing the Cha Cha to ‘Just Got Paid’ by Sigala feat. Ella Eyre and Meghan Trainor
With Seann and Katya seemingly staying in the competition, attention will undoubtedly now turn to how the unwanted headlines will be dealt with on Saturday’s show.
A press release unveiling the song list issued to journalists also made no mention of the furore.
The only comment bosses have officially issued came with a statement read out on Monday’s ‘Loose Women’, which insisted: “Nobody is leaving the show.”
Since the video of the pair kissing was made public, Katya and Seann have both issued apologies, while Seann’s girlfriend, Rebecca Humphries, confirmed she had dumped him in an extended Twitter statement.
Katya’s husband, fellow ‘Strictly’ pro Neil Jones, has so far not directly addressed the matter.
He did, however, post praise of Katya and Seann’s most recent ‘Strictly’ performance on Instagram in the hours after the kissing video hit the web.
‘Strictly Come Dancing’ airs on Saturday at 6.40pm on BBC One.