It's a win, win formula. If you eat healthily and exercise, you'll look great.
Cutting calories, dieting etc., they DON'T work! There's only one long term solution and that's discipline and hard work. Try it and you'll see results. Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing my fitness tips with you to help you achieve results. However that's not to say that you shouldn't treat yourself from time to time. A little of what you fancy does you good after all!
So instead of looking longingly at those yummy ice creams or delicious cocktails, I've come up with some simple food and drink swaps that allow you to treat yourself without feeling guilty. They have a lot less calories but taste so good that you won't even realise they're the lighter option. Enjoy!
1) Swap a Margarita cocktail (740 kcals) for a Cosmopolitan cocktail (150 kcals). Saving = a massive 590 calories!!!
2) Swap a Pina Colada cocktail (644 kcal) for a Mojito (160 kcals). Saving = 484 calories - (SHOCK!!! You could have 4 Mojitos for the amount of calories in 1 Pina Colada.)
3) Swap a Kit Kat Chunky (290 kcal) for 2 Jaffa Cakes (96 kcals). Saving = 196 calories
4) Swap a Snickers chocolate bar (296 kcals) for Nestle Milky Way bar (94 kcals). Saving = 202 kcals
5) Swap Haagen-Dazs butter pecan ice cream (310 kcals) for a milk choc ice (131 kcals). Saving = 179 kcals
6) Swap a Magnum ice cream (280 kcals) for a Calippo ice lolly (78 kcal). Saving = 202 kcals
7) Swap a slice of Tesco's finest chocolate cheesecake (435 kcals) for blended frozen banana (aka bananna frozen yogurt) (90 kcal). Saving = 45 kcals
8) Swap all drinks for water.... water has no calories and will leave your skin, healthy, hydrated and help to keep you feeling fuller for longer. Less snacking = less calories. Bonus!
Don't forget to keep toping up on those minerals too though... Here are some delicious smoothie ideas.
Green Goddess Smoothie: When exercising it's really important to look after your bones. You only have one set and they take a lot of the impact when exercising. I've been working with Harley Street Spinal Surgeon Dr Martin Knight recently and he says that Broccoli is a fantastic superfood for protecting your spinal health and is particularly great for preventing Arthritis. I have to agree as Broccoli is a fantastic source of vitamins including A, C, folic Acid and calcium. Perfect for maintaining healthy hair, skin, bones and giving you that extra energy boost when working out. I like to blend it into a delicious green smoothie with kale, pineapple, apple and lime. Delicious! (For more info visithttp://www.spinal-foundation.org )
Beetroot and Strawberry Smoothie:After running, I like to treat myself to a delicious (but healthy) smoothie. Try a Beetroot and Strawberry smoothie. It's full of nutrients and will give you that extra boost for your workout. Beets have lots of nitrate (very important for improving the body's oxygen use efficiency) so can help you to exercise for up to 16% longer.