- Louisa's Plan To Beat The 'X Factor' Winner's Curse
- 'X Factor' Hit By ANOTHER Fix Storm
- The 13 Most Ridiculous Moments From The 'X Factor' Final
The judge inadvertently threw a lot of shade at the former contestant-turned host, while pleading for the public to vote for her act Louisa Johnson to win.
Stood beside Olly and his co-host Caroline Flack, Rita said: “Honestly, I’ve watched this show and I’ve been such a fan. There’s only been two people, in my opinion, and that’s Leona [Lewis] and Louisa.”
Olly has now insisted that he didn’t take offence to what she had said, despite his reaction to the comment going viral.
Feel for ya lad.Posted by Rich Breeze on Sunday, 13 December 2015
He told Heat magazine: "I heard what she said onstage and I just presumed straight away that was her talking about, Leona Lewis was a girl and she was in the girls category, I didn't think anything else.
"I just laugh about it, I didn't at all get offended about it. Me and Rita are mates, I don't think she intended it like that at all.
"It was blown out of proportion. You could say anything on ‘X Factor’ and it gets blown out of proportion."
The ‘Heart Skips A Beat’ singer also told The Mirror that Rita also issued a grovelling apology over the incident.
“She told me about it, and I said: ‘Rita, are you serious? As if I’d get offended. I know exactly what you were trying to say. You don’t need to justify it.’
“She was so apologetic, but I was like: ‘Rita, I’m not even annoyed’,” he added.
Olly recently insisted that he and Caroline wished to return to 'The X Factor' in 2016, despite facing criticism for their presenting style throughout this year's series.
MORE 'X FACTOR':
- The 20 Best 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- The 30 Worst 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- 20 Of The X Factor's Most Hilarious Moments
- The Definitive Ranking Of X Factor's Greatest Ever Performances
- Which ‘X Factor' Judge Are You?
- What Happened To The Contestants Of 'X Factor' Past?
- How Many Past 'X Factor' Finalists Do You Recognise Now?