So that's it, 'The X Factor' is over for yet another year, and while it hasn't exactly been a vintage series for the ITV talent show, this weekend's live finals proved to be a return to form.
1. The judges’ entrances reaching a whole new level of OTT.
“The dark lord of music” = LOL.
2. Caroline Flack having zero qualms in telling everyone about Chris Martin’s excessive perspiration.
3. Cheryl and Simon giving Louisa’s rendition of her winner’s song a standing ovation, only to realise she hadn’t finished singing yet, so having to sit back down.
4. This member of 4th Impact looking straight into the camera while everyone else congratulates Louisa.
A girl after our own hearts.
5. The fact none of the judges were willing to admit Reggie 'N' Bollie’s vocals on their winner’s single were pretty atrocious.
Talk about elephant in the room.
6. The shade thrown in Leona Lewis and Ben Haenow's direction as Caroline and Olly announced their duet.
It was like they were almost trying to say, “one’s had a rubbish year, and the other’s career hasn’t really got off the ground.”
7. Rita Ora accidentally burning Olly Murs by claiming that Louisa and Leona Lewis were the “only two people” to have ever made an impression on the show.
Are those tears in his eyes we can see? Poor Ols.
8. This man basically owning the whole event.
Craig ACTUAL David. What a comeback.
9. Rita Ora really letting Louisa have her moment after winning.
Way to make it all about you, Reets.
10. Will Ferrell popping up for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.
Complete with a nice plug for his new film, natch.
11. Fleur East and Little Mix’s duet, not least for Jesy Nelson’s facial expressions.
12. Adele being a totally flawless queen.
13. Oh, and Louisa and Rita’s winning faces being EVERYTHING.
After all that, we're kind of excited for next year now. Roll on 2016.
MORE 'X FACTOR':
- The 20 Best 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- The 30 Worst 'X Factor' Auditions Ever
- 20 Of The X Factor's Most Hilarious Moments
- The Definitive Ranking Of X Factor's Greatest Ever Performances
- Which ‘X Factor' Judge Are You?
- What Happened To The Contestants Of 'X Factor' Past?
- How Many Past 'X Factor' Finalists Do You Recognise Now?